All Brazeau County residents are encouraged to take steps to increase energy efficiency which will positively impact both your wallet and the environment
When you use less electricity (whether in heating or lighting), you save on your monthly bills, and you require less electricity to be produced, resulting in reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
If you need help choosing the right qualified solar provider, view these resources below:
REBATE = $0.90/ Watt (up to $10,000)*
*Only one application per landowner within the County as a whole.
*Further applications may be considered in future program initiatives.
- For residential service, an interconnection approval from the Wire Service Provider (WSP) signed on or after April 1, 2018.
- For residential service, the solar photovoltaic (PV) system must be grid connected in accordance with Alberta’s Micro-Generation Regulation (AR27/2008)
- System must not be eligible for the Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP) or the Alberta Indigenous Solar Program (AISP)
- Combined incentive from government programs must not exceed 100% of eligible cost
- Must own property or have long term rights to property
- For residential service, system is designed and installed by a qualified installer (not self-installed) and system components must meet the Canadian Standards Association requirements for electrical safety; or equivalent certification applicable to Canadian standards